IOSH Managing Safely
If you’re looking for a course to enhance your health and safety knowledge then ‘IOSH Managing Safely’ is the choice for you.
We offer IOSH managing safely training, so that your staff have the essential workplace safety skills that are required by law.
This fun and interactive course is designed for line managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation who are in a position of managing risk and resources. The course will enable delegates to understand health and safety legislation and its implication to them and their workplace. It will give delegates the knowledge and tools to tackle any health and safety issues they are responsible for.
As part of IOSH managing safely in Essex and London you will learn the following skills:
- Safety Management; Applying basic management principles and practices to health and safety issues as part of a total management strategy
- Reactive monitoring; legal requirements for reporting and investigating accidents
- Risk assessment; identifying hazards, risks and applying control measures
- Proactive monitoring; methods of developing checklists, schedules and monitoring of data
- Health and safety legislation; sources of information, codes of practice and main provisions of legislation
- Work place hazards – such as work equipment, housekeeping, noise, DSE, fire, chemical safety etc
By the end of the course each candidate will be competent to:
- Identify and understand their responsibilities for health and safety
- Explain the reasons for preventing workplace accidents
- Define ‘hazard’, ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’
- Identify common hazards in the work place
- Identify the best techniques to control key risks
- Identify the demands of the law and how the legal systems work
- Describe a health and safety management system
- Carry out a risk assessment
4 days (1 day a week for four consecutive weeks or four consecutive days).
Upon successful completion of a short written test and a practical assessment in the workplace the delegate will receive an IOSH accredited certificate.
- IOSH registration and certification fees
- IOSH managing safely course book
If you would like more information about IOSH managing safely, or any of our other training services, please get in contact with us, we are always happy to help and answer and queries that you may have.